Whether you’re in the mood for something sweet or savory, adding Yacon Syrup to any recipe satisfies those cravings. Here are a list of some delicious Yacon Syrup recipes:
Flax Meal Pancakes
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon yacon syrup
- 1 tablespoon sparkling water
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- coconut oil (for frying) or butter (for frying)
- In a medium bowl, combine flax meal, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In another medium bowl, add eggs and beat slightly. Add to eggs yacon syrup, sparkling water and vinegar. Mix gently.
- At this stage you must work quickly so the rising agents do not lose their power.
- Heat the butter or coconut oil in a medium frying pan.
- When it is ready, quickly add the egg mixture to the flax meal mixture and combine gently.
- Now add the almond milk to achieve a slightly runny batter. Feel free to add more almond milk if you think necessary.
- Pour batter into frying pan to create pancakes about 5 inches in diameter (you should be able to make 4 – if you make the pancakes too big, they may be uncooked in the middle and start to burn before they are done).
- When pancakes start to bubble on top, it is time to flip. Flip and cook on other side until cooked all the way through (a few minutes).
- Top with cinnamon, butter and coconut oil if desired.
Grilled Chicken with Yacon Glaze
- 5 chicken breasts
- 1 cup yacon syrup
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 3-4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Grill the chicken breasts, seasoned to taste.
- Mix together remaining ingredients and drizzle over cooked chicken breasts.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup grapeseed oil or palm shortening
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup yacon syrup
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Stir together wet ingredients in a smaller bowl
- Mix wet ingredients into dry
- Form ½ inch balls and press onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Bake at 350° for 7-10 minutes
- Cool and serve (serves 4)
Click to buy: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IQZTOSK